Friday, November 25, 2011

Advice on fence-building?

I'm building a welded wire fence to keep my dogs in the yard. I have stairs coming down off the house. They do not have a banister, just wooden steps. Somehow I need to make the fencing ';go'; with the stairs without looking odd. The dogs are blind, so I need to also prevent them from getting on the stairs. I'm going to use a gate. any ideas?Advice on fence-building?
It sounds to me like you want to put the ';gate'; for the stairs at the top of the stairs so you will not have to go down the stairs to open it for the dogs. But then you will also need to close in the stairs.





My first choice would be to not use a fence but a dog run. Its a wire that goes from the house some distance to a post or tree. From that hangs a chain and a spring hasp. You clip the dogs in at the house and they have the width according to the chain and the length of the run.





You may have other reasons for the fence. Could you put the gate at the bottom of the steps? Lastly, you are going to be using posts and rails to hang the welded wire fencing onto. Build similar posts along the side of the steps run the rails diagonally as if it were a handrail and attach your fencing either parallel to the ground or diagonally with the steps.



No comments:

Post a Comment