Friday, November 25, 2011

Can anyone give me some advice on how to build my core body strength?

I am starting the police academy in July, I am currently doing 29 situps in a min and nned to do 40, I feel like that I am just weak in the lower abs but I want to build my entire core and just need some advice on guidance.Can anyone give me some advice on how to build my core body strength?
pilates, squat lifts, swimming, weighted crunches. what's your diet like? increase protein intake and avoid sodium and sugar-based carbohydrates.





a while back, i wanted to train my abs/back and increase muscle mass a bit, and found that above everything else, those simple exercises worked better than conventional exercise machines. it got to be useless for me to use things like magnetic resistance machines for things like back extension because i'd nearly max them out. instead, i'd tell you to go get a decent medicine ball (20 pounds or more) and set it on your chest, put your arms around it, and crunch your abs as you normally would. holding it the same way, try squats. you should notice a difference with just half an hour a day, three to five days a week. upon starting, however, you might want to limit it to ten minutes a day and work up.Can anyone give me some advice on how to build my core body strength?
This may sound funny, but honestly, belly dancing. It is the basis for core strength as ALL movements are controled and initiated from the core area. If you are looking for something less ';feminine'; for lack of a better term, yoga and pilates are awesome, but you would need to do it quite a bit to build your core by July.
crunches are better for abs than sit-ups. but don't overdo it, if you over-train your muscles don't have a chance to grow. set aside at least one day a week when you don't exercise at all, you'll see better results.
Also definitely try balancing on your knees on a larger medicine ball. Knees just slightly more than shoulder length apart. When you have this down, have someone gently throw a small ping-pong sized ball to you, and catch it alternating between your left and right hand. Then toss it back to them. Don't over do this.


To focus lower abs...lay on your back with both feet straight up in the air. Have someone stand at your head and give your feet a shove towards the floor. The goal is to keep your feet from making contact with the ground, keeping feet together, swing your legs right back up and have them push them down again. Keep a rhythm going during this.

No comments:

Post a Comment