Friday, November 25, 2011

Can someone give me advice on building my own computer?

I'll be doing mostly web development (using tons of programs at once) and I'd like to play modern games on it. I would like it to have good ram and a good video card (for the games) and I don't think I'll need more than 200gb of ram.





Does anyone have any recommendations for stuff I should buy? Also, around how much would everything cost?Can someone give me advice on building my own computer?
Ok then i would recommend checking this website out http://www.allneeds.com.au/. You will find all about parts because seriously i cant be F*** finding out what parts would be best. Make sure they work together. Anyway for that i would recommend a dual core 3 ghz or 2.4-2.6 ghz quad core. Also if you planing on getting more then 4 gbs of ram make sure you get a 64 bit cpu and windows vista 64. Otherwise you will only be able to use 4 gbs of the 8 or 16 or 32 ... how ever much you put in will always be same.Can someone give me advice on building my own computer?
LOL! I almost flipped when I saw the 200GB of ram...





Anyway, go to http://tigerdirect.com





Look at barebones kits. I use Biostar boards,personally, but Asus and Intel are both fantastic. Modern gaming can be played easily on any CPU that is Pentium D or higher.





The last computer I built, not including monitor, keyboard, mouse or speakers, cost me about $300.





Make sure that the kit either comes with a CPU fan, or that you buy one that is the correct socket. Also, remember dvd drives.





Here's a list of things that you will need to build one from the ground up. Some of these will be included with the kit:





Case This, as well as the next three items should come together in a barebones kit(about $150 or more, depending on the specs)


Power Supply (450watts or better) in kit


Motherboard (in kit)


Processor (in kit)


Fan for processor (starting at $15) (SOMETIMES in kit)


Case fan (80 or 120mm, depending on the case, 1 is good, more is better) (about $10 each)


Memory (typically DDR2, minimum of 2 GB) (Less than $30)


Hard drive (Seagate ONLY, and TRY to get SATA instead of IDE, they're faster)


DVD burner (Lite-On is cheap and works well)





Operating System CD/ DVD. This is where the big expense comes in, honestly. I STRONGLY suggest Windows XP Pro. If you have a copy that you can use that is NOT on another computer already, then use it. If not, then add about $150 to the price of the above.





MOST decent motherboards have integrated graphics that are MORE THAN good enough for games, although if you're going to be doing hardcore gaming, you may want to look at a card that has at least 512MB of memory.
I've been working with computers for nearly 30 YEARS.. I go back to the day when you had switches on the front panel to program the beast. I never owned an factory built computer until about 3 years ago... and I bought both a DELL lap top and a DELL Desk Top because I COULD NOT BUILD MY OWN AS CHEAPLY AS I COULD BUY THE FACTORY BUILT ONE.





Contrary to what you wrongly believe.. you can NOT build your own as cheaply OR AS WELL as you can buy one from the factory... any factory... and if you even HAD built your own you would know know that.





GO TO DELL and tell them exactly what you want and they will build it and IT WILL WORK THE FIRST TIME and IT WILL COST LESS THAN WHAT YOU WOULD PAY FOR THE PARTS... and if you don't believe me... then TRY THEM and you will find out for yourself.
Go to newegg.com. They have pretty good prices and return policies. Also maybe use a guide like this. Good luck.





http://www.mysuperpc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment