Friday, November 25, 2011

Any advice on design/building a drywell to spare my septic from water softener + filter cleaning discharge?

My water softener and filter currently discharge (about 97 gallons each week) into my septic system. I heard this was bad for the septic. My septic service co. agreed. The water filter service said this was perfectly safe.


Septics are too expensive to risk a failure. I would like to reroute the discharge to avoid any problems. Any suggestions for a drywell design would be very helpful.


Does the drywell require a vent stack?


How far away from the house do I need to place the drywell?


I live in NH so I need to consider freezing.Any advice on design/building a drywell to spare my septic from water softener + filter cleaning discharge?
It is only water with very minute amount of solids. If you have an acquit leak field the softener flush should not have any effect. You should listen to the water filter people. You are spinning your wheels and are looking to spend money that don't need to be spent.Any advice on design/building a drywell to spare my septic from water softener + filter cleaning discharge?
97 gals. is such a small amount of water that I would not worry about. Is your septic service NUTS!!!!!I never met a septic person that was honorable, so take their word as a grain of salt.Heck, I pee almost that much a week%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment