Friday, November 25, 2011

I would like to find out the history of the building I live in in New York. Advice?

I checked this site http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/ and it took me to nyc.gov but the information is of no help. I want to know what was on the land before the the buildings were made. Just the history in general who lived here..etc.I would like to find out the history of the building I live in in New York. Advice?
The New York Historical Society has a fantastic Library and also lots of information about the history of NYC in general. It is located on 77th and CPW directly across the street from the Museum of Natural History. They have things and information going back to colonial days when the city was basically just downtown and uptown was undeveloped. Their website is NYhistory.orgI would like to find out the history of the building I live in in New York. Advice?
go ask at your local library. they would be the most likely to have that information

No comments:

Post a Comment