Friday, November 25, 2011

Deck Building Experts,,, Need Your Advice!!?

I'm building a small deck around my above ground pool. Question is this,,, when securing the beams to the posts, what is best, should I be making an ';L'; notch on either side of the post so the 2x10 beams fit on the post and level with the top of the post or should I just be bolting them to the sides of the posts so they are level with the top. Does that make sense the way I'm wording it? Please help me with this question. I'm sure if you are an experienced deck builder this question will make sense. Thanks for your helpDeck Building Experts,,, Need Your Advice!!?
Christopher,





I'd notch them for at least two reasons...when working by myself, notching the posts will enable me to do it by myself, secondly, it adds additional strength to the overall integrity of the structure. I would only make the notch about 1/2 inch deep, and then use bolts.
  • eye brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment