Saturday, August 21, 2010

ADVANCED PIANISTS(classical): Could you give me some advice on building a piano repertoire of classical music

Most of what I play is Richard Clayderman ballads and I only know a few classics including Gymnopedie No. 1, Fur Elise and the 1st mvt of the Moonlight Sonata. Which pieces would you suggest from your own repertoire?ADVANCED PIANISTS(classical): Could you give me some advice on building a piano repertoire of classical music
I am not an advanced classical pianist, though my daughter in law is. When she started her program in grad school, she chose a number of pieces which included Beethoven's Pathetique (very long) and one or two of his shorter sonatas and Chopin. She has since moved on to some Bach pieces and recently Rachmaninoff. She is also working on a lengthy really difficult Shubert sonata. Have you tried to play Claire de Lune by DeBussy? It's really lovely (though too tough for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment