Saturday, August 21, 2010

Building my credit, any advice?

I'm a new resident with non-existant credit history. I've applied for a secured credit card with Bank of America, have a saving account and a checking account. I don't want to apply for a card I'll be denied for (like a gas card or store card) but what else can I do to help my credit build at a better rate?Building my credit, any advice?
Congrats on wanting to better yourself and your credit! You are on a GREAT start. Since you have the savings they are probably going to freeze that for the secured card unless you pay cash for the deposit. When I was working on my credit, I took out a secured loan against my savings, looks MUCH better than a secured credit card on your credit reports!Building my credit, any advice?
basically pay your bills on time, and don't charge up to much credit, when you balance is more than half of your credit limit that is negative mark on your credit. takes months to get your credit score raised, it is not a fast process.

No comments:

Post a Comment