Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need some advice on building a relationship with my new found birth father.?

I was told when I was 15 that the man who I thought was my father in fact was not. I am now 31 and have just recently found my biological father. He lives halfway across the U.S. from me. Is it possible to build a relationship with him? Yes we already had a paternity test done and his is my father. We've already pretty much discussed our lives up to date through email, but where do you go from here? He didn't know about me at all until I found him.I need some advice on building a relationship with my new found birth father.?
First of all...congratulations......and I'm sorry it took so long for the two of you to find each other. Just take it slow and things will happen. Its just like any other relationships in a way.....in the beginning..your learning all you can about each other...then after awhile...you get comfortable and it feel natural. Just be sure..that if your doing something that is ';family';..that you at least extend an invitation. And try to get together as often as you can..letters and email will help too. There is no fault between either of you, becuase neither knew the other exsisted...so just be happy you have him now....dont live in the past....look to the future...and God Bless you both.I need some advice on building a relationship with my new found birth father.?
You should give it a chance. I would think 2 fathers are better than one. You can't really hold it against him since he never knew about you. I bet he's sorry for all the things he missed out on with you. Just enjoy each other for the 2nd half of your life.
Well Most of the time, people would say well if he wanted you, he should have been around, but like you said he didnt know about you, unless somone has been in your situation, they cant really tell you what to do.... but your 31 GEEZZZ and u found out when oyu were 15 that u had a real dad, I mean that has to be hard enough.... I would just say to you, that you deserve to know who he is, and thats why god has given you the chance to do so, I dont think it will be hard, I mean he knew nothing of you, I think it may be akward, and or wierd, but I think it will all work itself out, and for your sake, I hope it does, good luck and god bless

No comments:

Post a Comment