Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Advice on Building My Own Computer?

I am pretty good with computers and have upgraded/updated my hardware for years. But I have never built my own and I'm thinking about it. I'm looking for something that to run my internet apps and programming apps (MS SQL, Homesite, etc) and perhaps play counter strike every now and again. I'm looking at these:





Processors:


- AMD Boxed Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 7750


- AMD AMD庐 Boxed Phenom II X3 Triple-Core Processor 710


- Intel庐 Boxed Pentium庐 Dual-Core Processor E5200





Motherboard:


http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc鈥?/a>





QUESTIONS:


- Thoughts on these choices?


- What wattage power supply do I need? 400 w?


- What RAM would I use with that motherboard?


- Do I need some random bag of connectors/plugs for stuff?


- I have a 3 year old ATX Antec case. Do I need another one?





THANK YOU.Advice on Building My Own Computer?
Go with an intel cpu and board, seriously. If you absolutely have to go AMD, that board and the Phenom x3 would be alright.Advice on Building My Own Computer?
If you are sold on the motherboard, then I'd go with the triple core AMD. That is an AMD motherboard, so the Intel chip will not fit.





You are going to need a video card - the motherboard does not have onboard video.





Memory


Number of Memory Slots 4脳240pin


Memory Standard DDR2 1066


Maximum Memory Supported 16GB


Channel Supported Dual Channel


Any name brand memory will work (Crucial, Kingston, OCZ, Patriot, etc.)





Power Supply - Depending on which video card you get, I'd go with at least a 500watt. Check the video card for the minimum requirements and make sure you exceed them ( the more, the merrier).





Your Antec case should be just fine as well as you optical (CD, DVD) drives.





Hard drive - don't skimp here either 500Gb+





Have Fun
I would go with the X3 710 - if you look on tomshardware the performance for the phenom 2 triple core is pretty phenomenal http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sock鈥?/a>





Also that motherboard won't work with any of the three aforementioned CPUs. It is a socket AM2+ Motherboard.





As for power supply, it really depends on what Videocard you will be using.





Ram Depends on the processor. AM3 uses ddr3 memory controller so you would have to use ddr3. While the E5200 uses ddr2.





Case is probably ok, as long as you are using a midtower or larger.
i dont have much idea about computer but i can give you an advice.. just buy a CD like how to build computer and you can get more information about building a computer and more tips..
Good choice of processor (the X3 710).


Here's a good deal for a step up processor and much better board to mach with it:





http://www.newegg.com/Product


/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.鈥?br>




As for the rest of the computer, I run 4gb of Corsair XMS and have had good luck with it (i use it in both my laptop, and desktop) to continue with the deals here's another good one for ram:





http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>





For the power supply, they differ depend alot on what kind of graphics card you are running (and how many), how many hard drives your using..etc, I would suggest a 500w (minimum) power supply.





For a graphics card, I'd suggest a nVidia GTS 250 (standard or overclocked) they'll cover gaming well, 3d modeling, photoshop, movies...etc.





http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>





as for cases....they just sit on the floor and get scratched up- internal components are the only thing worth spending money on- stick with your case.





If any of those don't look good to you, then check out and read other reviews that people offer at newegg.com, its helped me save alot of money over the years.





Hope that helps!
  • natural facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment