Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Need advice on building a PC for AfterEffects.?

This past year I built a computer for the first time. It was pretty cool I wouldn't say I know a lot about the tech even though I did it.





The PC is a q6600 Quadcore, ASUS P5K3 Deluxe Wifi, 8GB RAM DDR3, Seagate HDD, in NVIDIA GC, and XP 64Bit. Runs pretty well. I'm a graphic designer hoping to get into some Motion Graphic Design. But the it runs slow in AE, or at least the viewport update. Renders fast and fine.





Can you guys just tell me what I need to run fast in the viewport. I'm getting like 1 frame a sec. I'm guessing its my motherboard. Can someone point out a specific motherboard or just tell me a spec of a machine you know runs well. I don't want a big lag when using effects. Thanks.Need advice on building a PC for AfterEffects.?
I completely agree with Alex!


Your computer by far exceeds the requirements for a good graphic designing computer.. Apart from the graphics card evidently.





A good graphics card is vital for graphic designers and is responsible for rendering motion graphics designs, which is what you're doing.





Judging from your high end specs and if you really are a serious and professional graphic designer, you may want to buy NVIDIA's Quadro CX. It's made specifically for the purpose of graphic design (not for playing computer games) and is extremely powerful (But it's a big price easily over 1500 dollars). Everything's gauranteed to run perfectly smooth on it.





Alternatively, you could use other high-end gaming graphic cards like perhaps ATI's Radeon HD 4870 or the GeForce 9000 series. (Between 200 to 550 dollars US)





ATI's Radeon HD 4850 has been known to give good performance costing only 150-180 dollars so if you need to budget, you can look at that too.





Whatever you do, just make sure you have enough power from your power supply.. Perhaps at least 550Watts before you purchase these graphic cards.





I'm sure they'll work out just fine. Hope this helped!Need advice on building a PC for AfterEffects.?
I would actually say its your graphics card, everything else is well above what you need

No comments:

Post a Comment