Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Advice on building a home theatre?

I'm a newbie in stereo. Now that economy is so bad, we shall stay home and watch tv to minimize expenses. Thus, I want to remodel the family room to put in a good size tv and a stereo system. And I need advice.





First... I don't want to spend too much (are all good quality speakers cost over $100?) and I don't like LOUD music or sound... I just like to have some good, crispy, clear quality sound and wonder if I should do 5.1 or 7.1? The room is open into kitchen and it's about the size of 304 sq ft . since it's open to the kitchen and the kitchen is about another additional 144 sq ft... so what kind of system do I need? How many watt speaker should I get? What brand of receiver (or is amplifier?) and speakers should I get and what is the ';watt-age'; for the amp and speakers? I'm sorry being so clueless... I hope someone can share some of their expert advice on this subject. Thanks in advance.Advice on building a home theatre?
you said you want just a stereo system which means a 2 speaker set up. my stereo set up is made up of a rotel integrated amplifier, a rotel cd player and a pair of bower's and wilkins floorsatnding speakers. the speaker costs around $800. you can't get a good sounding speaker for $100. setting a surround 5.1 or 7.1 would be more expensive. if you want good music, my stereo set up is all you need bro.Advice on building a home theatre?
In building a home theater you should have a budget you want to spend for the complete system. Here my recommendation: 1, Panasonic Plasma tv 50'; 1080P for about $1,000 2, Onkyo HT-S6200 for about $600, a 7.1 receiver with True HD is dolby or DTS, and 7.1 speaker set up 3. Panasonic blu-ray disc player DB-60 for about $200 at Costco. Plasma still has the best picture quality than a LCD or LED tv (September issue of home theater magazine compared the Panasonic Plasma 42'; to a Sony, LG, Toshiba and Vizio 40'; LCD. The plasma was the top choice out of the box without any further adjustment and the only one that is a THX certified. You can go online and read the complete review. Hope this will help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment