Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am building my comic book collection from scratch and would like some advice, what are the 'best'?

I have 'The Watchmen' by Alan Moore, 'The Crow' by James O'Barr and the Marvel 'Civil War' and Planet Hulk. What other other quality works? what about the DC suneater series 'The Final Night'?I am building my comic book collection from scratch and would like some advice, what are the 'best'?
';Kingdom Come'; by Alex Ross and Mark Waid. Elseworlds Graphic Novel. About DC's heroes in the near future, and what happens if the ';new breed'; of heroes get too aggressive. Also, Superman has some major issues. Great battle scenes, fantastic artwork, excellent, excellent story!





';Marvels'; by Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross. Simple graphic novel about a reporter who follows the activites of super heroes and battles, etc., as seen through his ';eye';. Well done, Marvel comics.





';Batman: ';RedRain,Crimson Mist';, etc. Elseworlds. What if Batman..becomes a Vampire? Great artwork.





Justice League: The Nail. Elseworlds. What if Superman...never existed or joined the Justice League? Haven't read it, but I know it has received a lot of good reviews.





';The Infinity Gauntlet';. Thanos mad quest for the Infinity Gems. Jim Starlin. 'Nuff said.





Superman: A Man for All Seasons. Again, another I have not read, but know is highly praised.





These are the ones I can suggest.I am building my comic book collection from scratch and would like some advice, what are the 'best'?
Ranma 1/2 is the best manga ever (personal opinion) you can watch it on line before buying on ebay http://ranmahentai.ranma.ws/RanmaManga/i鈥?/a>
Best is personal opinion :) i prefer Marvel over DC due to continuity and better cross over storylines (usually). if you're starting from scratch try the 'ULTIMATE' Marvel lines - Spiderman, X-men, Fantastic Four etc. Marvel rewrote these ditching the cold war/ nuclear threat and updated it with genetics (genetically altered spider instead of an irradiated one) etc. Additionally, this 'ULTIMATE' universe has had less contact with alien cultures unlike the core 'MARVEL' universe
When I was collecting I was really into Batman. I expanded to Batman related titles and to other DC titles. I was always a fan of DC characters, but collected some Spiderman and other titles. If you are starting Batman then I recommend, ';The Greatest Batman Stories Ever Told,'; ';A Death in the Family,'; and ';Batman: Knightfall'; volumes just to name a few.
Batman: Hush is awesome and a shining example of the current Batman books.


Kingdom Come is a must for any superhero collection.


If you enjoyed the Crow you'll like any of the Punisher issues by Garth Enis especially Born.


Star Wars Tales are great comics if your a Star Wars fan.


Dr Doom/Dr Strange Triumph and the Torment is a great look at one of the greatest super villains.

No comments:

Post a Comment